Amazing day out east!!

Discussion in 'Steelhead Talk' started by bassman56, Nov 4, 2007.

1. I decided to go out east today and it was a good decision. Got to the river at 7 and we landed 5 fish in 15 mins at the first hole. We also head a couple more hookups there but nothing landed. We decided to move upriver and found pods of fish everywhere. We tried jigs but they would not touch them, so we switched to eggs with just a splitshot above it and no bobber, just dragging it on the bottom. From then on we landed more than 30 fish and they all came on eggs. This was my best day ever. the rest of the pics are in my profile.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Nice catches! Sounds like you guys out east have it made...whereas in the Western tribs the fishing for me at least has been very slow. The eggs that you used, were they fresh uncured, cured on your own, or prepacked store bought?

3. For my Son

For my Son Fish to enjoy time with my boy.

Great job. Thats good fishing!!

4. fishinbula

fishinbula Its going under

Good job bassman sorry I didn't meet up with you guys but I did get out east to just not as far as you guys. Saturday was definitly a good day I had fun and saw a beginner get into his first steelies. All I got to say is the rivers are stacked out east all you basically got to do is wet a line. Keep up the good work.

5. jojopro- the eggs were cured salmon eggs, and dont ever buy those prepared eggs that you see in stores, they are a waste of money.
    And fishinbula, i think we fished the same river lol.

6. Great job guys very nice catch.

7. Thanks bassman. I've come to realize that about those prepacked salmon eggs I bought a little jar and have used many times this season but have not gotten a single hit on them. Today I saw a guy doing quite well with some steelhead spawn he cured himself. I plan to harvest the eggs from the next big hen I catch.