Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is freaking amazing! My Niece's fiancé is relatively new to fishing and just got a small bass boat this year. He never caught anything very big yet until last week. He and his friend hit Nimisila some days ago (I believe Friday) and he caught a 22 inch, 6lb. bass. His biggest ever. Fighting him in he got tangled up in his buddies line pretty bad and while his buddy was trying to get the bass and line free from the net, he picked up another rod and casted close to the same spot and caught a 24", 7lb. bass!!! THAT'S RIGHT! 2 CASTS, 13 lbs. OF BASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
His buddy is mad because he used his rod to catch the second one. LOL!!!
I told him that he will never do that again in a million years. I saw him on Sunday and he was still excited about it and showed me the pictures of both fish. I wasn't there to witness it, but knowing him and how pumped he was, I totally believe they were caught on consecutive casts. I told him he should have bought a lottery ticket that day. I will post his picture if he ever gets around to sending it to me.

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,509 Posts
I believe it.
Nimisila is an awesome Bass lake mostly for numbers,but there are some hogs in there as well.
I had a similar thing happen to me back in the mid 80's...three consecutive casts...three Bass between 5 and 7 lbs.

·
Registered
13,787 Posts
I had the same experience at Ladue... Gotta love those bass factories!!!

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
wow that would make my day. :D

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
the first time i went to nimisila we hit the humps before we left and the wind was blowing prettygood, i caught 4 bass over 4-5lbs in 5 casts. probly never do that in a tourny there

·
Banned
141 Posts
nimi is awesome!!!! it is pressured almost as much as Portage and it still produces! If you have been there in the middle of summer you can see schools crashing shad, and you can tell the BIG FISH schools from the little fish schools. Tell that fellow good job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts