close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Am I a Tow Vehicle Tight butt

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by duckman, Dec 17, 2007.

1. duckman

duckman Dr Data

Am I a tight butt if I want convert my 02 Yukon XL front shocks to passive vs Ride control?

Passive Shocks $19-$60
    OEM Replace existing Auto Ride Control - $260 - $293

Has anyone done this? How would you override the sensors on just the front shocks?

2. maybe look on e bay for a better price. wow! hope I never need new shocks/

3. duckman

duckman Dr Data

Ok so I at least for the moment went to the passive shocks .... I don't think that auto ride was doing me any favors. Rides 100 times better now! Body roll is almost non existent, smooth ride, no dive on braking which was supposedly one of the features that the stupid auto ride was supposed to prevent.

So I need real gear head help! I am just a poser gear head when it comes to vehicles.

Is there a way to add a relay or shut off the front sensors so the dang idiot light goes off telling me to "Service Auto Ride"?

Funny the idiot light didn't come on when the front shocks were not working now that the problem is solved it thinks there is one... mmmrrr arrrgh nutter finger!

I appreciate any help you have to offer.

4. how about just puting a jumper wire in the plug. it will think everything is normal.

5. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

Put a piece of black tape over the idiot light....

6. duckman

duckman Dr Data

Nice seaturd ... or pull the light bulb out right LMAO ... I tried the jumper idea and it wasn't happy ... I have a very unhappy idiot light ...

had it been smarter about telling me the shocks weren't working before... they probably would have been covered under warranty

stupid light ...lol

7. Wannabitawerm

Wannabitawerm Flatulent Entreprenuer

I feel your pain. I've got a passenger door sensor that says my door is ajar. The door is closed, but the interior light won't go off, the dinger won't shut up and I can't see my compass, milage or anything because of the "passenger door ajar" on my info screen. Plus, if I lock the door and arm the alarm, it goes off every 10 minutes because it thinks I set it with the door open. And they call them idiot lights for us.