close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

AM/FM Radio for the boat

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by KSUFLASH, Jun 28, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

I am looking to put a radio in my boat. I am looking to get some guidance from someone on where I can get the supplies needed to do this job myself. I would like to have it completely installed by this weekend.

thanks in advance.

flash--------------------------------------------out

2. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

i baught a seaworth brand this year and everything comes with it .cost was a little less than $ 150.00 for the whole kit. 40 amps per channel /w speakers , antenna and wire and mounting hardware. if you have the radio , walmart sells an instalation kit for cars but it will work on a boat.

3. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Just buy any good marine radio...West Marine sells a Jensen marine CD radio with flip-down removeable face for $150, and it's a good radio. Comes really with everything you need, you'll just need to cut the hole in your dash for it, and then be able to strap it on the back side with a mounting strap. I think they have a sale going where they throw in a free am/fm antenna.

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Or just buy a non marine radio if you can mount it where it won't be exposed to the elements...you'll get much more for your money that way.

5. KSUFLASH

thanks for the info. Unfortunatly, I think I gotta go with the marine style due to I don't have much that couldn't get wet inside the boat. I will have to call West Marine and find out what they got. Thanks for the input guys. I figure when the fishing is slow, at least I can listen to some tunes.

flash----------------------------------------out

6. From the stories I've heard....
    when the fishing is slow you can just hang around and wait for the
    boat to do something entertaining. While your waiting, you can get on your cell phone and dial "9-1" and just stand by..... ;)

7. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Be sure to have a spare battery, if you night fish anyway, and some jumpers, between the radio & the anchor light, it's easy to drain one down is a few hours.

8. KSUFLASH

ksuflash jokes will live forever. :)

9. I just went up to the local WallyWorld and purchased a AM/FM/Cassette for less then $110.00 with a removable face plate and so ar I have had no problems with it. I have tiller steering set up so the radio is mounted on the side in the back and so far so good as far as water problems.