close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum's Spillway

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by mrjbigfoot, Jun 18, 2005.

1. mrjbigfoot

mrjbigfoot Mike

Took my son & a friend of his up to Alum's spillway today. After I set them up down below on the sidewalk with some corn & worms, I went up top to look down into the mouth. There wasn't much water coming out but there was one guy fishing for eyes & I asked him if he was catching any or seeing any muskies. He wasn't catching anything & he pointed over at the edge of the dam & said there's a musky laying right there. I walked over & looked down at about a 30" that had a mouth injury & was just sitting there on the edge about 6-8" down in the water. I put on a big 1 oz muskie spinner bait & through it across the spillway into the outflow and started cranking it fast enough to bring it up about 6" under the surface & immediately had a 40"+ big boy following it up but he wouldn't hit for nothing. He followed me up 4 different times & I saw about 5 to 6 others in the 24-36" class swiming around while we were there for a couple of hours but never did get any strikes.