Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 16ft. aluminum sea nymph I would like to have painted. Any ideas on who the best/cheapest would be to do it. I would like to find someone that would work with me, I'll take care of all prep work, they just need to paint it. Any suggestions around central ohio? Thanks

·
useless poster
8,805 Posts
have a compressor ? if so buy a spray gun at harbor freight ( 25.00 ) and spray it yourself. easy to do. did mine 2x's already. just watch the overspray.

·
Registered
34 Posts
that's what i'm fixin to do. bought a 16' that some knuckle head painted with latex house paint. figure I will strip it, prep with 320grit. question is do I need marine paint, or will a good automotive do the job.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I painted a 14 ft starcraft with west marine epoxy paint and it has held up great. I use the boat duck hunting against rocks and dirt ramps the paint has held up to a beating, was not cheap but this was the best paint I have ever used.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I painted my 18 ft StarCraft two years ago with Rustolium professional . The boat is used heavily on lake Erie It is showing no sign of wear and is still shining Mike

·
Registered
228 Posts
i painted my 16 foot john boat with rustolium spray cans no primer just sprayed in on and still looks good 2 and half yrs later red and black

1 - 9 of 9 Posts