Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at getting a Starcraft 196 DC but now looking at the Aluma Craft Trophy 205. I’m thinking that the Trophy would be a better all around boat for inland lakes & Lake Erie fishing. Anyone running a Aluma Craft Trophy? I would like to hear your pros & cons on this boat.
Thanks

·
AKA Dnavarroj
1,369 Posts
I run a trophy 195 and love it. Wont have another tin boat, if its not a trophy.

Reactions: bigfish73

·
Registered
309 Posts
We have a 195 trophy and love it. The older ones have the rod storage inside the gunwale, not sure how I'd like the way they put them up on top now? I think it's well built overall

·
Registered
309 Posts
Yes it's plenty of motor for the 195, and a friend of mine has a 175 etec on his 205 trophy and it's good on there also. Both boats go around 50mph and have lots of grunt when you have 4 people in them, no problem getting on plane. The 200 should be even better, but if the 175 saves a lot of money I wouldn't be afraid of it at all

·
Registered
423 Posts
I was looking at the Trophy 205 vs the Fishmaster 210 last year. Liked a lot about the Trophy but the Fishmaster just seemed so much bigger and deep. I really didn't like the Trophy's lid on the gunwale...right where rod holders should go. I bought the Fishmaster and have been very happy. I was only concerned about Erie and Ontario though. Good luck with your selection!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts