close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by MarbleEYEs, May 31, 2007.

1. Fished in the evening from about 6-930 with alot of fish caught but no size... caught tons of small crappie on roadrunners.. probably 75 in an hour or so then got bored n targeted saugeye. found a few small ones and a few smallmouth but nothing worth keeping.. anyone have any tips on how to find the big boys

also when i was pullin in my jig right beside the boat a 40"+ muskie bit it straight off.. spooked the heck outa me seeing a big thing like that strike that close lol

2. Hey Eyes, what color and size roadrunners are you using for the crappies? I've caught saugeyes on 1/8 oz. chartreuse at IL., but no crappies. I thought maybe I needed to go to another color.

3. I used roadrunners for the first time last night. Using a white head with a blue/clear silverflake tripple ripple grub and coaxed a few fish outta the over used area I was at :)

They would take any other color I threw. Black/chart, bumble bee, chart, black/smoke silver flake.

I threw it with a white tube for a few casts, but just didn't like the tube. I've never used em before and need to learn a way to present them.

4. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

i got caught by a roadrunner at cheshire market. turned around after buying minnies and saw them on the shelf and damned if i didnt buy a couple.

threw it for 2 casts and cut my line. suckage!

5. dog, we caught them on about any color we threw.. chart, white, bubblegum, u name it the crappies hit it. saugeye were caught on chart. gulp and bubblegum mr twister

6. which big boys you talking about? Crappies or Saugeyes? Caught quite afew nice saugeyes last few days. Most all coming on Points have to work them from all angles and depths but if you do not hit a dink or decent one in 15 minutes or so move on to next one do the same you will eventually find one with a school of eyes roaming it. They are getting really fond of small 1/4 chunk of crawler on with twister. I would say harness time has arrived at Alum

7. thanks slim...ya i was talking about saugeye.. we fished a couple points around chesire but didnt find a good spot.. hopefully ill find one this weekend.. do you usually catch em on a striaght drag retrieve or a variation of others?

8. Mixed retrieves gotta try all types till you find the one they like. Midweek it was a dead on the bottom drag with a lift and let settle then as you started to drag and lift they would just mouth it not hard bite. Monday was a more steady retrieve start on bottom steady reel with a pause every now and then when you started up rerieve they would hammer it . Good luck. Might hit it this afternoon and evening.

9. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

exactly what part of the lake? beach area or north of cheshire? I tried last night by the beach with not much luck, 4 eyes 2 cats.

10. All points thru-out lake south of cheshire there are good points on both sides of lake and some as well north of cheshire. Weeds are growing fast as well lok for weedlines in 6-10 foot work those.

11. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

I worked the weedbeds most the afternoon then I tried just alon the outer edge and that's where I started catching them I'm guessing 8' of water or so ,our depth finder dook a dump as soon as we got onto the water. have to get that fixed, fishing pole only works up to 6 1/2'.