close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Snyd, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Just wondering if anyone will be on Alum tomorrow. I am planing on heading to the lake around 10:00 to do some crappie fishing.

2. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

i plan on heading out in the am.. might try for some eyes early on, and then go stabbin around for the crappies.... probally be out before first light.

sowbelly

3. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

managed to keep 17 today, all came on a green chartrues tail. suprizingly with the water as stirred up as it was they were not going for my pink jigs so i switched to plain and that did the trick... lake was rough and stirred up tried to stay out of the wind but that was pretty much so impossible. when i got there for the eye bite it was so damn cold that after every cast i had to dip my rod in the water to get the ice out of the eyes. did manage to get one fat 15" eye before light and lost a few others but that was my fault. shoulda wore a glove, hell it was only 26 degrees when i got on the water... gonna squeeze one more day out of alum and im done for the year... ramp wasnt crowded at all and didnt have too many problems with jet ski's, how ever i did see someone wind surfing..

sowbelly

4. DAVEM

DAVEM TOP WATER SMALLIES

say what you want about gloves. Its all about the feel when it comes to the saugeyes. And stay out of my spots. hehe. Did manage 3 nice eyes Sunday morning. Cookiecutter fish. All fat 17 inchers. Take care.

5. Well Saturday was a little rough, I should have waited until Sunday. Fished Alum from 9:30 - 1:30 for crappie on Saturday with very slow action. We caught 14 crappie with one slab coming in just over 14 inches. The wind was rough and I can say that it was a real joy putting the boat back on the trailer.