close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Snyd, Nov 8, 2004.

1. ShakeDown & Sowbelly, great job on the crappie. I was going to go out on Sunday but I decided to hit a few farm ponds instead. I headed out for some blue gills and got into a mess of them. I must have caught over 200 in about 3 hours of time. When it was all said and done I had 19 keepers in the 7 to 8 1/2 inch range. I caught all of them on a slip bobber tipped with a wax worm.

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Right on J...Have you been on Del at all this year? I've never fished it this late, but I'm off on Thursday and was looking to either hit that or Alum. The way those slabs we're biting at Alum this weekend, Del would have to be crazy hot for me to trade it for Alum.

3. Just wondering what else you gys like to use for crappie. I just recently bought some Road Runner, but what else is likely to work?

Eric

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Jig/tails, jig/minnows. Roadrunners can rock, but I've found that sometimes they don't want something that flashy. If that's the case, just a plain old jighead with a minnow or tail should do the trick.

I've done better on the RR's in the spring at alum.

5. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

shakes, i started saturday with 4 dozen or so minnows, and only used 1 between both days. i took them over to the inlaws and threw them in there little landsape pond for the gills to eat. i was using a small chartruese piece of plastic , on a non painted jighead.... small was the key for us....

6. ShakeDown, I haven't been on Del all year. The crappie were hot pretty much all year for me at Alum so I stayed on that Lake most of the time. I did head over to Hoover a few times and eye fish when they were hitting mid summer.
    I wish I could make it out on Thursday to fish with you but I don't think I could get off of work.
    I would like to make it to Alum atleast 1 or 2 more times for everything completly shuts down.
    Let me know if you need a partner for Thursday, I may try to meet you if I can get off work.