close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Snyd, May 14, 2004.

1. Heading to Alum this weekend and wondered what the water looks like after all these hit and miss showers we had this week. If anyone was out on the lake yesturday please let me know. Thanks

2. JBJ

JBJ

It's going to be ugly out there this weekend since we will be getting rain tonight and into the morning. This sucks as I will be fishing in a 79 boat, 2 day bass tourney there myself.

3. JBJ - Thanks for the info on the bass tourney. That sucks 79 boats - I guess I will have to get their very early to void dock issues like I did last weekend with the 2 tourneys going on last week.

4. Was at alum yesterday morning but never ventured north of Cheshire rd. Had to go the the very back of coves to find stained water. Caught a few bass in the stained water and had a musky break me off at the boat. Tried the riprap at the dam and could only catch whitebass. With the weather thats coming in tonight I think it may be pretty tough tomorrow. I bet the tourney guys will be jumping around alot trying to find active fish.

5. JBJ

JBJ

The big tourney is going out from the Gelena Ramp so you might want to launch from the Cheshire Ramp both Sat and Sun. The blast off begins at 630am and the weigh-ins are at 3 and 4 so plan on ramping in or out outside of those times to prevent delays.

I'm glad I am able to provide this info to hopefully save the OGF members some headaches.

6. JBJ-

Thanks for answering my question before I asked it. I am going to Alum for crappie/eyes Sunday a.m. Have room in the boat if anyone wants to join up. Send me a pm.

7. JBJ - I was just wondering how you did on Sunday? I didn't see your post about yesturday fish partner until today. We will have to get together sometime. What type of boat was you in yesturday? I was in a red/silver Bass Tracker.

8. JBJ

JBJ

I was on a grey Triton on Sunday. Caught fish but none that would measure. How about you? My partner and I spotted one with about 1/2 an hour left to fish. He ended up getting it on a "honey mustard" tube. Too bad I don't have any more tourneys to fish on Alum this year. I know one spot I'd hit again for sure...

I had a bluegill jump on a crankbait just as I was pulling it out of the water. Made me jump to see that hungry sucker come darting from under the boat. I was laughing my butt off.