close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum WOW

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Snyd, Nov 22, 2004.

1. FIshed Alum on Sunday for crappie and what a day. We started out on the lake about 9:00 and ended at 3:00. I didn't count all the crappie that we caught but I can tell you between me and a good freind of mine we caught atleast 80. Our biggest was 14 inches. Most of the ones we keept were between 11 & 12 inches. We started out fishing with slip bobbers with a minnow then changed to a jig and minnow. I also caught 3 bass jigging in 12 ft of water. The crappie were very aggresive on their bite.
    Shakedown - I didn't see you out on the lake but we hit just about every spot we fished last week. However, yesterday they were their and ready to eat.

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I was on Erie jerkin perch and eyes :) Sounds like you had a blast! I'm gonna try and get out this weekend if I get back in town..prolly Sunday morning!

3. DAVEM

DAVEM TOP WATER SMALLIES

Sounds like you had a good time Snyd. Sowbelly and I went out Sunday.
    Caught a lot of crappies and for a change we didn't have to fight the wind. Great day to be on the water. All fish caught North of Cheshire. Messed with the saugeyes for a while but gave up. It's hard to fish for them when the crappie bite is on. Took home some for the table. Deep fried crappie tonight.

4. DaveM, what type of boat was you in? It sounds like you fished close to the areas I was fishing. I am sure we ran into each other. I was in a red & silver bass tracker. I had on a bright orange snow suit. Not sure if we crossed paths or not.

5. DAVEM

DAVEM TOP WATER SMALLIES

Sowbelly has a 16' tracker. I think we saw you in one of the coves we fished. Did you see the guys catfishing at the mouth of the cove by 36/37? We fished around there then for some reason got the urge to head south again to try and locate saugeyes. No luck. The fish we did mark seemed scattered. Still have some time to find them before the ice forms though.

6. Yep, Ok I saw you.

7. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

:D dont think we coulda had a better day of weather... too bad on the best spot we had sunday i spent about 15 minutes trying to un tie one of knots where the float goes one way, and the jig goes the other way...

sowbelly

8. 14" crappie, wow that is AWSOME!