close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum Water

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Snyd, May 21, 2004.

1. Has anyone fished Alum in the last two days, if so what does the water look like? I am thinking about going after crappie again on Sunday. I haven't been to the lake since last Sunday and just wanted to check to see what the water was like with all this rain. I will be fishing around the 36/37 bridge.
    Thanks in advance!

2. muddy around 36/37.. but might be clear by sunday. Never know with the rain we had last night.. a total drenching.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Thanks for the heads up...I'll be out on Alum tomorrow morning...might be the only weekend (from what I can tell) with no Tournaments?

4. I heard something about a Boat Boys tournament on Saturday (not sure on that one) but we do have a club tournament on Sunday.

5. Fished Alum on Wednesday. As muddy as it was up around 36/37, the south end was clear enough for me to watch a wad of chewing gum slowly disappear under the water after 8ft or so. This lake is amazing.

6. Terry,
    seems to me that you had a lot of time on your hands for awhile
    "clear enough for me to watch a wad of chewing gum slowly disappear under the water after 8ft or so."
    WOW!!! - that is all I can say... WOW lol
    ying

7. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Wojo...Boatboys (both Sat/Sun) are on Indian this weekend...you guys might have the place to yourselves (tournament wise)! Good luck!

8. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

saw erieaddict launch just now and the water here looks great..also heard about a sailboat regatta this weekend..it may be a nice weekend..i'm guessing the ramps will be packed AGAIN.. :eek:
    see you all out there..
    PS..the heat is unreal..i wanna go tooobin'.. :D .. NOT!!.. :D

9. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Check your Private messages...I have a proposition for you!!

Newbreed Mitch

10. crappielooker

maan..i hope erieaddict got out of the lake ok..its hailing right now as i type..not good to be outside ..thats for sure..thanks to flyingJ ..i got some cover..and some i-net time.. :D
    i'll be out there as soon as this storm past ..

11. hey ak,
    they just had it on the news he in cincy..looks ulgy on the radar..be careful the worst is yet to come

12. I am changing my handle to Hail King. This is the 3rdtime this year that i have gotten pelted. Made it back to the ramp as te storm was hitting. As i loaded the boat it was hailing. I need a motorcycle helmet. Checked the rain guage and we got 2.2 inches of rain here at the marina. That ought to screw every thing up this weekend!!!!!
    Oh yea, caught a 42" muskie just before the storm hit.

13. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

Hey Ak hows the carping up there. Jon and I are thinking of hitting alum late tonight for an all nighter. That is if these storms ever pass through.

14. I am switching my handle to Hail King! Just made it back to the ramp when the hail hit. 3rd time this year. Got home to the marina and the rain guage measured 2.2 "s of rain. That ought to screw up the lake for a few days.
    Just before the storm hit i did mange to catch a 42" muskie trolling, so I guess it was worth it.

15. crappielooker

miso..come on up..im headin back after i'm gettin new cloths from my house..im a wet puppy..and the hail hurts.
    the carp are in there..teasin me in the dang storm..grr..
    hail king got a nice ring to it erieaddict..lol :D :p

16. crappielooker

well..the water went up at least 10 inches after the last storm..i'm letting the boaters have their fun today..i'm heading back out there late afternoon/sunset time.. :cool:
    good luck to everyone..
    PS..hailking..was that you out there early this AM?? :D

17. we were on our way up tp alum yesterday when we got half way and saw the storm coming, so we turned around want went back home, we are planning on going back up there this evening, any hints on where some eyes might be holding 2night? thanks

18. Am planning on being at Alum late morning on Sunday. Have room for one or two in the boat. Send me a p.m., I will being fishing for crappie and saugeye, plan on fishing till late in evening, weather permitting.

19. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Anyone who has a boat and wants to sink some hooks into some large channel cats give me a shout this week.

Newbreed Mitch
    265-6379
    daytime