Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEy was wondering if anyone was doing anything on either of these two lakes from shore? would like to target saugeye or Cats for catch and release. Any help would be great..thanks

·
Senior Executive Member
1,285 Posts
admittedly, I have never done very well from shore @ Alum for saugeye... here is my opinion.

Buckeye, it is easier to get into fish. on the downside though, there will always be a lot of people fishing. another downside is size, I catch a lot of 8-12" fish at Buckeye. (saugeye, not cats) the catfishing at Buckeye is decent if you can stand the crowds.

Alum, you really have to work to find the fish, but they will usually be of much greater size than Buckeye. (again, saugeye, not cats)

never fished for cats at Alum, so I can't really say one way or another.

·
State record bass or bust
1,810 Posts
I went to the Alum spillway tonight for a few hours and the water was stained and about 18" below the sidewalk. I saw a tiny crappie and a tiny bass get caught. I didn't even get a nibble. I was throwin' big stickbaits in search of a muskie or eye I guess.

·
Registered
280 Posts
The cat fishing has been good so far at alum.I have caught 8 so far.We go to the Chestshire rd ramp an fish the main lake.The biggest one so far was 25".I have a good carp spot at alum I have been fishing the last few weeks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts