Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going to give Alum a go tonight since my river spot is still blown out. Will report back with results later this evening or tomorrow.

Car is loaded, corn is boiled and oats are measured.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Managed 4 carp and 3 catfish tonight, nothing worth photographing. Biggest carp was around 8 pounds.

Lost a couple fish due to hook pulls and another over a shelf where the zebras had their way with my line.

All but a couple of my bites were dropbacks for some reason. I'm use to screamers from Alum, but that wasn't the case tonight. I just hope the river is ready on Sunday.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Vince, which pool were you in at Alum? I've been staying north of 36 when I've been out there this year. If the water comes down some I have a couple spots south of there that will at least put some weight on the hook! Thanks, and tight lines!

~^~^~^~^~^
| Mr. A
|
¿ <°»))))>{

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was fishing the peninsula at the Marina. It's usually a good spot in the spring but not so good in the summer.

I fished the Galena ramp today but ran into zebra mussels like crazy. Every other fish was getting broken off almost effortlessly. Once they got over the ledge it was over.

I was averaging a run every 15 minutes or so for a few hours until I called it quits.

I had a run at one point, bite alarm was singing and this is what I had to show for it... If anyone is interested in a slightly used womens shirt, it's still there.

·
The Corn Chucker
3,852 Posts
Vince, you might want to tie on some heavier mono (50lbs test) on after your mainline man... And after you hooked the fish, just clutch the drag and horse the fish up... Until it's above the shelves...
I had my bouts with them mussels many times... Just have to play rough with them fish... ;-)

·
Carp Angler
1,388 Posts
Vince, you might want to tie on some heavier mono (50lbs test) on after your mainline man... And after you hooked the fish, just clutch the drag and horse the fish up... Until it's above the shelves...
I had my bouts with them mussels many times... Just have to play rough with them fish... ;-)
and then you proceed to squeeze the poop out of them ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts