close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum today?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShakeDown, Mar 29, 2008.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Anyone else gonna give it try? Chopiq and I will be out (red/silver stratos) horsing around in the stain.

2. I will be at alum testing (for the second time) my kayak. I will be with my wife (took my a week to convince her to go with me) above the cheshire bridge. The kayak is orange tandem and we will be paddling near the shore most of the time.

Dont run over us and stop to say hello if you see us!
    greg

3. very good shake, we will have the whole lake just for us!

4. it was quite busy at Alum today and we were the first to have our "boat" checked by rangers.

[​IMG]

5. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

nice yak you have there!

6. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Was at Alum today...

Water looked horrible....

Lake is still wayyy down... It looks to be at the same level it was last fall when I stopped fishing...

No bites, used Twisters, Vibes', Worms, Minnows.

7. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Muddddy and windy!

Did manage some crappies tho, but for a WHILE it looked like a big blank for us. Crappies came REAL shallow, on jigs about 8 inches under a float.

Jigged most of the time for eyes (vibees and jig/tail/minnow) without a sniff.

8. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

BUT-- you have to admit is was great to be out!
    I spent the day working on getting the boat ready. Plan to do the same tomorrow. Should be ready to go after this weekend, with only a few things left to do.

9. It would have a great day to be on the water. Cant waite toget my boat out for the first time. Love the main lake saugeye fishing on Alum. See you on the water

10. EDD

EDD BASS BUM

They keep the lake at winter pool till April 1 , then they let it fill

11. I was thinking about givng Alum a ride over the next couple of days, but the weather forecast says rain. The good thing about still being off work, is that I can go at a moments notice. If the weather looks good for a few hours, I will be ut!

12. when in april do they start letting it fill? i wish it would warm up 60's for 4-5 days in a row while it was still low.

13. Like Shake said, not a good day of fishing. Water temp was around 42 on the whole lake. Muddy even by the dam, it'll take a few weeks to clear up with more rain predicted this week. There were about 40 cars below the dam when we drove by.

14. My son and I fished Alum on Saturday, jigging near the beach, and also got skunked. It was good to get the boat out for it's shakedown cruise before hitting Erie, but the water was terrible. Not even one bite and very few marks. I used to do really well off the beach in early Spring, but the last year or two have been tough. Hopefully it will clear up soon.

15. Thick Rick

Thick Rick Dragon Bronzeback Slayer

It is suppose to be in the 60s the next several days.

16. I was out on Saturday as well (early afternoon). I bought a new boat (20ft Lund Alaskan w/ 115 HP Yamaha) a couple weeks ago and wanted to take it for a test drive. Got skunked, but found out my boat has a pretty good leak....:( Glad I found out now before my scheduled trip to Lake Erie next week to fish the reefs. Called the guy I bought it from and he said he would take care of all repair cost. I hope Paul's Marine can have it back to me in 1 week.

17. Just a little tip Buckeye was producing some nice eyes a week ago - However, that was a week ago and this time of the year timing is everything. I am hoping to get back out there but not sure if they are still on or not.

18. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

19. Marauders

Marauders Nodak

Anyone going to the spillway last night.