close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

alum thursday..

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by crappielooker, May 27, 2004.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

wow..this is going to be a crazy weekend on and around the lake..drove past the campground and notice the sign already said camp full..u can't even go in there and just fish..unless you're a registered camper..unreal how they are already filled up and its only 7am thursday.. :eek: saw decent amount of boats on the lake mostly pleasure boats..
    one thing that made my day was seeing a couple of guys Practicing launching and loading at least 5 times..they actually put the boat in the water and pulled them out, turned around in the lot and do the same thing over and over..he even let 4-5 boats go ahead of him and launch..very entertaining to say the least..good thing i dont own a boat yet..or i'll probably be doing the same thing.. :p
    oh yeah..caught 4 carp all are around 12-16lbs range..seems to be already spawned..and veery hungry.. :cool: also witness a guy caught several smallies around the area..someone even said they saw a musky out there, but they didn't land him..its huuuge..they were saying..and they looked like they know what they are doing..
    i'll be back out there again....popcorn in hand.. :D

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Glad you caught them. How much corn did it take? :D

3. crappielooker

it didn't take much..LOL..according to MY scale.. :D i'm looking forward to a funfilled weekend..
    the water looks to be muddy to stained on the eastside of the lake..westside is better for visibility..and looks to me they lowered the level quite a bit..this storm coming will definitely be somethin'..

4. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Hey AK

Plans for me have changed this weekend so I may save you from the nuthouse up there. Look for a call if not saturday ..sunday for sure.

cheers
    NewbreedFishing

5. crappielooker

hey Mitch.. i'll be waiting for your call man..lord knows i probably will need it.. :D
    well..todays conditions is much tougher than what i expected.. the westside is now turning muddy..anything north of cheshire bridge is muddy(from what i can see from my van)..white caps was rolling at times..not too many boats are out here at all..veeery surprising to me.. :D everyone that i talked to today said they didn't do any good out there..I, however, manage 1 channel catfish and some carp.. :cool: another nice day to be out..
    a note to you boaters out there, the watercraft police are out in full force enforcing every rule in the book...make sure you have everything you supposed to.. ;)
    good luck to everyone..and stay safe..

6. catking

catking Banned

I can only imagine how these popular state parks will be this weekend :eek: THE CATKING !!!

7. dfoxfish

dfoxfish chairbustintruckdrowner

i for one am glad to know the water police are doing their jobs. there are so man people that have boats and don't know what they're doing, or don't think the laws apply to them. alum has become such a nightmare to try and fish. i've been at hoover only so far this year, but i remember the last couple of years and the troubles of trying to fish in no-wake zones. i like chesire bay, but i can't count how many times i got rocked by boat wake from somebody blasting through there. they may be trying to collect fines to pay for the dock improvements i've heard so much about! :D

8. Gill Girl and I decided to visit Crappielooker last night for a bit. Wind was just ripping off the lake and the water was looking muddy. I caught a carp that was just a tad below 16 lbs before we had to leave. Also, Gill Girl saved Ak's weekend by finding his keys :rolleyes: . I've never seen him so happy :D .

9. crappielooker

dood..you don't understand..if there are any bad luck streak contest, i would win it this past 2 days..yesterday i manage to lost Rover's leash somehow..i have no clue where it went..i walked back and forth like a madman all day looking for it..then today i was leaving and got too tired and went the wrong way..DUH!!..thought i would turned around in the middle of the highway to save some gas..since there were no cars coming, i went for it..wouldn't you know, the state highway patrol happens to be there coming down a bridge..results..i got a ticket for $95..
    as for fishing..we did ok..will let carpless post something as i'm beat from drivin to toledo today..

10. NewbreedFishing

Man AK!! You had a rufff weekend bro.

Could have been so simple as sitting on a private quarry reeling in carp after carp without the $police$, jamesbond jetboats, lost keys and dogs leashes.

Next time you may take me up on this relaxing fun fishing :confused: ??

11. crappielooker

mitch..here's a saying i live by...if it ain't rough, it ain't right for Ak..LOL..
    i will definitely take you up on that offer soon.. ;)

12. NewbreedFishing

Haaa

No wonder that hair is turning grey/white :D

This week is open for me...hopefully by wen. this daily rain will go away.
    I get off work @ 5pm weekdays.