close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum this Saturday

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShakeDown, Nov 3, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Anyone planning on going? Taking my Dad out in the morning, should be nice and chilly.

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

not on saturday..but sunday is a big maybe..

3. Trying to decide where to try -- Alum, Delaware, or maybe a big hike up to Knox Lake. Haven't heard much about what's going on at Delaware or Knox on these boards lately...

4. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

right now im tossin up alum , delaware, and Indian for saturday.

sowbelly

5. Skakedown - I will be out on the lake on Sunday. I would go out on Saturday but with the Buckeyes playing at 12:00 I decided to go out on Sunday.

6. I heard the water was drawn down quite a bit. Any chance of launching my 20' glass deep v (Targa 2000) at any of the ramps, or is it out of the question? Looks like Erie is out agian this weekend and I need to get out.

Tim

7. ShakeDown

Tim, I launched at cheshire with no problems in my glass stratos F/S last weekend, and I think the lake was only supposed to be dropped another foot. Granted, my boat probably doesn't take as much water to float like yours, but I think you'll be fine.

8. Thanks Shake! My boat probably doesn't draft too much more than yours, so I should be fine. I usually launch at Cheshire. Looks like Alum Saturday afternoon/eve.

Tim

9. I was hoping to get out this Saturday but I'm unsure if I will have the boat pieced back together. I need to wire in a new battery for my trolling motor and I have to adjust to 24 volt instead of 12. I guess I shouldn't have any trouble putting my 16' f/b in at Chesire, huh? Are the other ramps tough to put in and out of?

Eric

10. ShakeDown

Cheshire is 100% dockless, but last weekend Galena still had a courtesy dock in. Galena might be the best bet if that dock is still in. If not, take your pick.

11. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

may try to get up there with you guys on saturday. not for sure yet what time you launching. I will swing by on the way to work tomorrow and check the ramps see whats up with the docks and post back around midnight when i get home

12. stilesp

stilesp Fishin Alum

last Thurs. the ramp was still in at the marina. If I get a chance tonight I'll ride by to see it it still is since I only live 1.5m away. Good luck guys hopefully I'll be hunting.

13. If anyone does get a chance to take a look at the lake before this weekend, could you report back on water clarity. I would think that with the water level drawn down and the pretty good downpour we had that alot of those exposed mud banks released quite a bit of silt into the lake. Been pretty windy, doubt if its been able to settle out yet. Thanks. By the way, has Hoover also been drawn down? What's it looking like?

14. Marina area is locked up. Walked the dog around the marina area this AM. They are putting up Xmas lights. Courtesy Dock still in. One of the workers told me that if your car is in the lot after 4:00 PM, it will be towed. Bummer

15. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

say what??? they already locked up hollenback??

16. Yep, they close the marina area every year around 11/1 to get ready for the xmas light show. Bummer, used to catch some nice saugeye right in the marina area this time of year. Still can if you want to hike in.

17. ShakeDown

You guys gonna have the radio on? I'll fire mine up on 79 if anyone else is.

18. muskeye, i fished hoover last night(thurs.)did not notice what boaters would deal with but water is down quite a bit more than last year. this will be my 2nd year fishing hoover for the fall winter hog hunt, so i do not know if last year's water mark was normal or this year's?

19. Shake,
    Erie Addict & I will be on AC tomorrow but not till after 4pm. I'll probably give you a holler on your cell when I first get out there just to see how you guys did. Good luck.

20. ShakeDown

Sounds good Terry.