Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out tonight for couple hour or so try to see if Saugeyes were waking up. Did not realize wind was so strong and COLD!! Found some windy shore area and moved around till found a good wind pushed curve or elbow in shoreline and started jigging 1/8 ounce jig milktruese tail. Found a bunch of saugeyes but mostly 12-14" got 3 17-18" ones and lost a good 3-4 pounder got excited and tried to horse her up to net mistake pulled hard and away she went. Caught some male crappies as well as 4 10-12" females marking fish strong in 8-12 foot water staged up wanting to get shallow and party. This weather is crazy 40's tonight going to lose temp again in water. One of these days!! But was glad to see saugeyes were really active. Will probably hit it again friday evening. Ready to haul in some slabs as well. Oh yea largemouth were in windy shore lines as well caught 5-6 with couple 1 1/2 or so.

·
State record bass or bust
1,810 Posts
Slim you're the man. I see you've got the boat out. I need you to show me something about boating saugeyes.

·
It's Fishing not catching
515 Posts
sounds like a fun night out besides the wind.

·
Multi Species Angler
6,141 Posts
It was windy last night! I was out pokin around Alum for some morrels. Didn't find any, but it was fun. I'll get the rods out this weekend. Good deal on the strong bite Fishslim, sounds like you were in a hot spot.

CG

·
Super Moderator
3,925 Posts
Likewise Slim. Good job mate. It was a cold wind out there.

Wouldnt mind riding on Pigstickers shoulders if you ever take him out.
He makes an awesome sightfishing platform.

Slim you're the man. I see you've got the boat out. I need you to show me something about boating saugeyes.

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I will be at Alum on Friday night, but only fishing from the shore or maybe I will get my float tube at most. My plan is to get skunked. I have planned to catch fish many times, it never works.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really was not one hot spot had to keep moving around from one windy spot to another just kept picking up fish spread out along shore line i forgot i did get in the mouth a good 15 pound carp which of course did not tear off but worked my arm and trolling motor to death!!:)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
I had this last monday off and there was a mess because of this in my office, so for now, during our busy season no more mondays off. But I will be at hoover tonight about 5:50 or so, somwehere around the spot like last year

1 - 12 of 12 Posts