Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as we all know what a great day to let the wind blow you around :D Waited tll about 5:00 and took father and friend out for some crappie fishing. And as i expected tuff fishing Crappies were not shallow like friday they moved back out deeper. So found spot in calm east side of a bay and started jigging out in 10-12 foot water not much happening there fish but not hungry,so moved into 7-10 foot and started catching some males and a few females. Wanted chartruese tails tonight. HAD to sink jig to bottom and start slow reeling back to boat were tight to bottom and not chasing had to be right in front of them. Finally wind died down and about 8:15 we hit a good deeper water wood spot i have and plowed about 15-20 crappies real fast 8 12-14" ones. Made for nice batch of crappies we kept 26 10"-14" crappies with 3 saugeyes all small and thrown back. They are there and will bite but you got to put it right in front of them right now. Couple calm days coming in a row and they will be back shallow again. Hope to try again tomorrow night. Here is a picture of some i kept after buddy grabbed some :)

Attachments

·
Multi Species Angler
6,146 Posts
Sweet! Congratulations on a good evening of fishing on Alum.

CG

·
BW
87 Posts
Had the same problem slim... i fished the morning but didnt find any shallow.. fished suspended fish with minnies and ended up bringing eight or nine home.. did find a couple dink males in about 2 foot of water but nothing worth going after.. no saugeye however.. did u catch them deeper with the jigs??

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
pretty much the same at hoover. Waded and threw into 8-10foot picked quite a few up, nothing special. Did manage a few dink Saugeye, orange tails.
ying

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Very nice crappies slim, I was out at Alum as well and slammed them in the North end. I ended up with 32 crappies biggest one around 13' and 3 s-eyes biggest one being 19'.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
southeast side, along a road bed. If you know the lake you know where we were.
We were throwing jigs. 1/8, 1/16

·
Registered
75 Posts
Just wondering if fishslim ever eat chicken or pork or beef. Counting all his post and catch, you must have a commercial size freezer to store all those fish! Gotta admin you're pretty good at this ;)

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It is half my garage!! Walk in freezer plenty of room for fish as well as the whole cow 2 Pigs and enough chicken for a year!!:D Oh yeah deer and turkey also!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts