close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

alum spillway

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ghart7059, Jan 26, 2005.

1. ghart7059

ghart7059 little fish big story

fished it tonight about 11pm there were two guys leaving when we got there they hadnt any luck not a bite we stayed about a half hour then went for wings at bw3 the water is just splashing over the top of the side walk should be so good fishing with all the water they are releasing

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

man if would have went with you i would have showed you how to catch the fish. See ya at work tomorrow maybe LOL.

3. Anybody know how to get to the Alum spillway from the OSU campus area? Im new at saugeye fishing so i promise not to catch any of your fish!

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

take rt 23 north to lewis center rd.. turn right(east) on lewis center.. go thru the stop sign.. and keep going straight. the dam and spillway area will be on your left..
    hope this helps..

5. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

hey fishmason, i'm at OSU also. If you want to hit some spillways sometime let me know. I haven't done real well at them, but I keep trying. I hit Greenlawn today for about an hour with no luck. I have caught fish at Griggs once, so it is possible

6. Character Zero

Character Zero Smallie Phan

7. I would have to guess that there isn't much in the way of fish left in that hole. There has been a pretty steady group of 12-14 anglers fishing it everytime I have driven by.
    At somepoint the fish will start to fall back out of the hole entirely and we will have to wait, the more pressure that area gets the less likely it will be that anything will actually bite. I like to think of it as if I am steelhead fishing. The tailwater behind the actual hole ends up holding more fish than the hole itself. - I can't imagine that they will bite. WAY too much pressure.
    Just my thoughts
    ying

8. Thats why you got to go to the other hole :cool:

9. Went by this afternoon-- 7 guys fishing that one spot. :rolleyes:

10. bones

bones blah-blah-blah

hey osu guys have you fished under griggs by 5th ave?there is also a faster way to get to alum from campus.take 315 to orange rd(just past powell rd turn on the old iron brigde) go till it ends and turn left you will be looking at the dam when you hit the stop sign.at the stop take a right the parking lot is about 600ft on the left.i live up here in worthington so if you guy want to fish sometime let me know.

11. All i caught this weekend was one of those viruses going around. Heading back down to cincy this week to pickup my gear and head to BPS to spend some cash. Anyone open for this weekend PM me.

12. Ying6 is right. I used to frequent that spot. Best times I had were cold, cloudy spring days when no one else was there. Using a rapala back behind the hole seems to be where they hold up.

13. I noticed on the charts that they have opened up hoover again. I have Alum creek flowing up just about to my backyard at the moment. - And that isn't good since it is down the street! It is really flowing.
    ying