Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know, what do you guys think? Is "sliver" the opposite of "slab" as depicted in the photo? This little guy was trying almighty hard to be a slab, but he just doesn't have the stuff yet. My Friday afternoon off didn't pay big, but it did pay fun.

andesangler

Attachments

·
Banned
1,181 Posts
That is funny. I love catching fish that are the same size as your lure. Seems like they just try harder.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I felt a light tug, then the lure quit vibrating and I thought I picked up a twig or something. Sure wasn't the snaggletooth that I was looking for! Hopefully will be at it again soon and then get the big one. I gave this one a pat on the head and told him to try again in a couple years. Yes, catching one of those tiny dudes is a hoot, especially on a slow day! But my fishing buddy was a first-timer, and I'm sure he's secretly wondering what all this boating/fishing excitement is all about after taking that photo. Did manage to get a meal's worth of tasty panfish for him and his wife though, so I'm sure he'll go out for another try!;)

andesangler

·
Banned
2,976 Posts
a sliver is a saltwater needlefish lure made by rapala. I lost one at alum a few years ago

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
white crappie
I was all confused when you guys are talking about alum silvers. I am used to silvers in reference of coho salmon, now I know ohio likes to stock some odd things but that had me wondering!
and btw, I love little fish like that, I like to think those are the ones born to be big bada$$ fish someday

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, it was a white crappie, and it was a sliver as in a splinter, not the color or the coho's nickname. Didn't know that Rapala made a lure with that name--bet they are longer than this li'l dude was! If I happen to snag a Rapala Sliver, JamesT, I'll let you know! We do get odd things now and then.

andesangler

1 - 10 of 10 Posts