Alum Shore Fishing?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by midoh39, Jun 17, 2008.

1. midoh39

midoh39 member

I have a baseball tournament up in Columbus this week and was wondering where some good areas/ baits are good at alum for anything that swims. Any thing will help

2. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

the best shore fishing at Alum is arguably the spillway. Try jig/twister for eyes or throw larger fare for muskies. The dam would also be decent for fishing from shore. I'd tie on whatever I could throw the farthest and hope for a miracle musky. Or, try casting from the Cheshire Road bridge for whatever will bite. There are usually a couple people fishing from shore there and I usually mark bait on my depthfinder when trolling through that area.

3. Husky Jerks are doing good below the dam for eyes. Couple guys on here a week or so back posted it. and I think it was someones gf did decent throwing a Husky Jerk too recently.

4. midoh39

midoh39 member

I have a question which one is the spillway is it at the north or south end. And thanks for all the help you guys.

5. I walked the bank yesterday at the cove where Africa rd and Lewis center road meet on the east side of Africa. I caught a smallmouth on a red lipless crankbait and 2 largemouth on a yellow/black crankbait. None were too big - did see a 3lb smallmouth that surfaced 15ft from the bank, I combed the area with casts but couldn't convince him to bite