close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum, September 27

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Capital outdoorsman, Sep 29, 2008.

1. Capital outdoorsman

Capital outdoorsman day late, dollar short

Decided to drag amy hungover butt to Alum at 5 am. Had everything loaded up and on the water when the sun came up. Had to wait a little as I was fishing from the canoe. A LOT of activity in the shallow water (big fish). I rarely target saugeye cuz I'm really bad at it for some reason but I trolled some cranks for about an hour. Guess what...I still suck at it, missed 2 and one was quite large. He jumped out of the water and spit the lure right back at me. Ahhhh depressing.

So I switched over to crappie fishing and made myself feel better. Found some wood in about 10 fow and pulled out a bunch of nice crappie 11-12 inches. Almost no dinks. Had to get home for the game so I paddled about 1/2 mile into the wind and waves to get back to the car, but it was worth it. Think I may start fishing the early morning more often.

2. We hit Alum yesterday didn't find any eyes but found around 30-40 crappies in about 10' of water. Drited minnows while we casted for eyes.