Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Multi Species Angler
6,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't get a limit today, but I scratched out 4 keepers. It was a slow pick today post cold front with the north wind howlin. I think I had a total of 6 decent eye bites. They wanted it real slow presentation as well. The crappies completely abandoned the shallow cove they been bedding in, but when I left about 11am or so they were just starting to show again. Should be an awesome weekend of fishing. Oh, I also caught a nice channel catfish that made me think I had a sumo saugeye. I'll try to insert the pic, but I don't know how all the bells and whistles work around here?

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=24796&ppuser=3879

CG

·
Registered
4,423 Posts
It worked...nice catfish, caught one the other day a couple pounds or so made me feel like I had a nice smallie, I like to catch fish regardless of the type.

·
Multi Species Angler
6,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, on jigs. I was using a 1/8 oz jig with a bass minnow. I was fishing in approx 6-7 fow.

CG

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
nice fish.

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Way to go Critter hope those eyes are ready i hope to catch a few as well as a mess of crappies. Those 1/8th ounce jigs do wonders on those eyes i will be dragging a few around in 4-8 foot of water looking for some as well. Good Fishing!!!

·
Multi Species Angler
6,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Took the wife out to Alum for a couple hours tonight. We caught a nice mess of crappie and then her back was bothering her(just entered her 3rd trimester). We quit a little early, but we still caught some nice ones. Also, saw Fishslim and his buddy. Looked they were catching as well. I'll try to upload a pic of one of the slabs I caught.

CG

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Hey Critter was not sure who that was had 20 minutes left to fish before had to head out. We caught a ton of 9" fish only few 12-14" ones and worked at them much of the day. Did get 4-5 saugeyes not big though and had a decent one get off. It was a tuff day for finding many large crappies. But could not keep the largemouth off the jig they were busy busy!! We had a good time out there but had to work at them. Sorry i did not get over and say hi was not sure as i said who it was and did not want to run up where you was fishing and mess area up. Take care of that wife :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts