close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum Saturday

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShakeDown, Aug 6, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Anyone gonna be on Alum saturday evening/night? I'll be out with a buddy looking for eyes after 6:00pm or so. If you see a red/silver stratos, give us a shout!

2. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Shake , I was thinking the same thing . :) I may take my daughter out trolling for a few hours .

3. Shake - Let me know how you do if you go. I haven't been to Alum for about 2 months. With all the pleasure boaters i decided to stay away from Alum this summer. I have fished Hoover several times and have done really well.

4. ShakeDown

Will do Snyd. We've been doing fairly well the last 2 hours of light thru the first 2 hours of darkness. No crazies to deal with that late. Phil, still have my cell #? PM me yours, as I fried my old phone and lost all of my numbers last week.

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Shake are you sure it wa your phone you fried? :confused: :rolleyes:

6. Hey shake, I was at Alum last Saturday night, fishing the same spots we fished the week before. Caught fish about the same depth and drop offs you guys were fishing at. Did better on trolling cranks than on crawler harnesses though. Don't think I van make it this week.

7. Good luck! I wish I could go, too much to do around the house and barn. Would like to hear how you do...

8. stilesp

stilesp Fishin Alum

I am going early in the day so I probably won't see you. I went yesterday in the gail force winds with a trolling motor battery that is weak. I got a new one from Gander today to replace it. I caught a few. I will PM you.

9. me where to go up at Alum. I hate that place but if it is late I guess that there won't be all the jerks there. Last time I was there waves were 2-3 ft high do to all the speed boats and skiers. I couldn't run my 18ft'r at all. Had to stay in the coves or get swamped. 614-937-6010 My cell. Any of you got nextel? Call me and tell me where you're going to be. :eek:

10. ShakeDown

Steve...if you want to meet us out this evening, I'll take you to my usual spots.

GL Pat! If my buddy gets in town earlier, we may head out a bit sooner than 6pm.

Chopiq...mixed bag again, or more eyes?

11. some flourescent line right now. I'm going to give the bass a go tonight...

I may head out a little later than 6, though. I'll be in a brown fleck Ranger.

12. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

First time I have been skunked on Alum in a while...Tried for Saugeye then bass...and even threw some livers out for cats...Nothin' doin' Nice day though, and the lake wasn't too crowded for a Sat :)

13. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

I am with trucked on this one i have been on alum couple times this yr and just cant figure out the place have only caught a hand full of fish and nothing of size we went out thursday night and managed 1 small bass and 2 blue gills off cranks on the rocks and that was it in 4hrs time.

14. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

Spent the best part of the night 8-8:30 towing some dorks to the campground (they ran out of gas) The dad was cussing up a storm (there was like 5 people in the boat). They were at the cheshire bridge and were trying to use skis to paddle back to the campground :D I laughed for about 5 min and when no one stopped I decided to give them a ride. At least I had some entertainment :)

15. ShakeDown

Beautiful night to be out, but the fishing couldve been better. We boated 1 keeper eye, and Chopiq and his bro caught a nice 3-3.5lb eye. Other than that, a buncha perch, some gills, a handfull of nice keeper crappie...all on harnesses. Switched to trolling cranks, took 2 smallmouth almost instantly, then not another strike. Had fun though.

Nick....you weren't the only tow boat out that night...saw another guy getting towed south of cheshire near the dam :D

When we crossed cheshire road, the lake looked absolutely packed. Got to the marina to launch, pulled right up and didn't need to wait. I bet it was a ZOO at the ramps around 8pm though.

16. but not much going on. I stayed out 'til 1 AM. Only thing worth mentioning, I was casting the rocky points south of the Chesire Bridge, about 50 yards from shore when a pontoon boat comes roaring between me and the shore (I just stood there shocked).

Needless to say, their prop made an expensive sounding noise as they ground it through the rocks. They fired their engine back on and proceeded on the same course... The engine was definitely winding out some more RPMs. I wonder if this was one of the tows?

17. Made a last minute decision to head up to Alum, made it to the ramp at Galena around 9 ish, took my time geeting ready and got the boat in w/o incident and waiting. Did see some guy pulling a 28' or so Rinker out w/ his cherokee, the launch control officer did not lock down the winch gear, and they got up the ramp about 3' with the winch screaming and a very noticable scrape!

I just trolled some shad raps, got nadda. Stayed till about 12 or so.

18. stilesp

stilesp Fishin Alum

We went 9am-2pm and got one keeper eyes and 2 dinks. 2 keeper crappie alot of gills and my brother caught two largemouth about 13-14inches. Everything was released to be caught another day.

19. ShakeDown

Stilesp...you afraid of the dark or something? :D You should come out with Chopiq and I one of these days!

20. stilesp

stilesp Fishin Alum

That's the only time I can get my brother to go. And Fri. and Sat. nights are out since the wife and I are usually into something. But I'm ready any other night. Let me know when and I'm in.