close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

alum report

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ying6, Jan 28, 2005.

1. - I have been watching the board the last couple days and there hasn't been much talk about fishing Below Alum. So I will give you my experience.
    1 word - Terrible
    - I have been down there quite a few times and the conditions have been PERFECT. The flow is just about right, water clarity is great and there are gulls sweeping down every couple minutes.
    However, they are coming up empty. No shad, I haven't seen much in the way of fish anywhere. I rolled a musky late last week and actually caught what looked to be about a 6# saugeye....head. - Unbelievable.
    I am not sure what to think at this point, but after checking other sites and talking to a lot of guys it sounds to be just about the same for everyone.
    Has anyone had any luck? - Anywhere?
    ying
    ** Something to note, I checked the flow and it looks like they have started to drop the lake at a much higher rate.

2. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

We went up to Delaware Friday afternoon from about 2:00 until 4:30 with only 2 channel cats to show for our effort. They practically stopped the flow completely while we were there. I did talk to one guy this morning while sledding at Delaware. He has been catching saugeye on the lake side of the dam at Alum at night using vibees....

3. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

I think the rising water and temperature in Febuary triggers the urge to feed before spawn....Haven't had much luck lately...it should pick up soon.

4. Went below Hoover yesterday for awhile. Couldn't believe the number of guys sitting in one hole. I counted 14 at one point. I saw a couple guys bring in fish but they were foul hooked. Needless to say they still went in the bucket. Ventured down to another deep hole and didn't get a hit. Nice day to be out.
    ying

5. ying6 when were you out????
    i was there from 7:30-11am
    i didnt see what you saw...there was one guy i almost put my boot up you know where...... :D :D
    we got snagged up and he cut my line and keeps my jigs.... :eek: :eek:
    i fish they’re all the time and the guys on the other side i didnt know any of them...
    but like you said there was a ton of guys and i saw allot of s-eyes more than ive seen in many many years...
    fish4wall

6. Well, I stopped by around 2:00 and stopped back around 5:00. Fished a few different areas and never threw a line in where everyone was sitting.
    - Here is what eeeek38 and I saw. When we first went down there, we noticed many guys with tandem hooks, some with 3. No big deal, to me as long as the fish are hitting the lures.
    As we watched, there were two guys on the Sunbury road side bringing in fish. One guy flopped his up on land and proceeded to take the lure out of its stomach. The other pulled it out of the tale.
    Both fish were thrown up on shore.
    -- Those were the only fish I saw caught. I have to believe that most of the guys that were down there wouldn't do that and heck maybe they were just looking for some food for dinner. - I am not too pressed about it.
    Just letting you know what I saw.
    Hope to get out at some point this week and fish. Not sure as of where though.
    ying

7. thats the one thing that makes me sssoo sick...
    people who keep snaged fish in my book are not fishermen....
    plus that hole gets thin with fish as the year goes on.
    you should go out.. i saw 10 fish go home they were all about 17 mabe 19in.
    nice eating size....one guy had one that pushed 4lbs it was a fatty :D
    if you make it out good luck...
    fish4wall

8. Today-Mon. the 31st at noon. The Alum spillway was up over the walkway and up to the steps. The water had a nice flow & color and no ice. They should be there!!

9. fet

fet

IMO those people need reported. Between the snaggers below and the gill nets above the real fisherman don't stand a chance.

10. You are kidding right? You mean to tell me guys are actually running gill nets in there? If so those guys should be easy ones to catch and yes they should be fined. I don't think I have ever heard of guys running gill nets in lakes around here.:confused:

11. I am not sure how but I did miss it.;) Now I am caught up.:D