Alum pot tourny's

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by Phil Carver, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Just an fyi that the Sunday morning pot tourny's are still going. Entry fee is $25 per 2 man team which includes big bass. Last week it took 9# and the week before it took 15#. The fishing will just get better as the weather gets worse! Dont miss your chance to catch some big ones! Blast off is around 8am and they stop at 2:30. See everyone there.

2. Were are they launching from?

3. Phil Carver

They launch out of the New Galena ramp. Also , I am in need of a partner for in this week. If you are one of my buddies and are interested , please give me a call between 6:30 and 7:15am and we will go from there. Dress warms everyone!

4. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

5. Yea Phil.. Where are the results???

6. get ahold of the one called....alumking

7. Phil Carver

Iam not the one that runs these events. I was just letting everyone know about them. My partner backed out on me at 11:30 the night before and I could not get anyone to fish with by morning so I did not go. As soon as I hear what won ect , i will gladly post them.

8. BrianC

BrianC Bass Angling Guru

3 bass, 8 pounds. Only a couple boats showed.

Weather is looking decent for this Sunday.

9. Phil Carver

Got a call tonight from a buddie who helps organize these events. He said that the start time is now moved to 9am so that the ramps do not freeze up ect. Fish should be hitting. I got my helmet ready and look for the big rooster going down the lake! :D

10. Phil Carver

I believe that the sun played a big factor in the fishing today. It only took 3 fish that went 3.2# total to win today. Big bass was 1.4# . I only had one largemouth hooked up and lost it on a crank. The musky are sure going strong. Last time i was out I caught 9 and today I landed 4 of them.One of them was a really nice one. It straitend the front split ring on my crank but I got it in. Was between 44-47". I beleive that we are going to try it again next week and be done after that.

11. you guys aint right! It was darn cold! Guess I should have been fishing for bass or musky instead of crappies and eyes.

12. Clayton

Clayton Fly guy

Hah, maybe I'll head out and muskie fish! :p

Where were they hitting? I hate going out to drive around in circles and end up skunked anyway.

13. Phil Carver

I have been catching them right up on the banks. I have caught them in the cove at the New Galena ramp every time I have been there the last month. Just throw a Bandit 200 series a Rapala DT6 or similar bait and they will slam it!

14. CLappert

CLappert Gander Mtn./OBFN

ARE you planning on fishing this Sun. 9-2pm 11/30/08