close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum Pics 5/22

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Net, May 22, 2004.

1. The lake is not as bad as I expected. The south end still looks rather clean except for the bays & shoreline. I'm sure its just a matter of time before the river of mud pushes south.

These pics were shot today (Sat) between 11 am - 12 noon.

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I was out today...so was all the usual Alum ramp chaos...it's that time of year again.

We saw a small sailboat capsized about 200 yards off the bouys at Cheshire...stopped to see if they were ok, and they were fine...way too small of a boat for a day like today with all that traffic.

Water looked GREAT from Cheshire - Dam as expected, and got dirtier as you went north as Net showed. Consequently, the crappie fishing got better as we headed north. Fishing was much better than I was expecting, so it was a pleasant surprise.

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

whats the water temps?? thanks..

4. I marked 67 at the dam and found 74 in the backs of some of the coves on the lower lake.

5. Net thanks for the Pics. I thought Alum would be ugly with all the rain so I decided to stay away this past weekend. I went pond fishing.

6. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I marked 69-70 between Cheshire/36-37. Coves were a bit warmer.

7. hit alum sat evening with not alot of luch, fished the cheshire boat ramp. water was really high but still clear. i tried husky jerks, twistertails, live minnows and leaches, i didnt catch a thing but my grangpa did catch 2 nice 14" smallies.