Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Alum with buddy got on water at 4:30 till about 8:30 had a great night of fishing crappies are on move and getting shallower caught them from 9 foot to 1 1/2 foot of water. We kept 27 10-13" crappie all caught on jigs from 1/8th ounce to 1/64th ounce under a float. Add to fun 4 catfish 2 huge female white bass one was 19 3/4 well over couple pounds full of eggs. 2 Saugeyes one keeper at 18" they were not as active tonight as i thought they would be. Largemouth small ones were busy as well as some dandy bluegills kept 11 big handsize ones. If we do not get much weather tomorrow things are looking good on crappies. Have fun out there be careful also no fishing license needed this weekend so take a buddy or kid out and get them hooked.!!:)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Took my two sons fishing at Alum this evening - they
were dying to "catch crappie in the coves with bobbers".
We caught several and they had a great time!
Nothing huge, but it was a lot of fun.

Sometimes it is too easy to forget that is
what fishing is all about!

Attachments

·
Still Deadly w/ The Net
1,900 Posts
What is a good area of the lake to fish for crappies? I took my boat up there a few days ago and got a few, but nothing big. I fished the west side by the state's covered boat dock. I do a decent amount of fishing at Delaware and do real well, but I can't figure out anything when it comes to Alum.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts