close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum or Dillon?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishnfool, Sep 21, 2007.

1. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

I'm planning to go fishing this weekend, don't care whats biting just want to catch some fish. Preferrably saugeye, but I haven't heard anything on either spot. Please let me know if anybody is doing any good thanks!

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i think it would depend on whether you're in a boat or shorebound.if by boat,alum would be my choice.if you want to do some wading,the stretch below dillon should be very wadable for several hundred yards.not sure how the fishing is right now,but i've caught lots of eyes there in past years.

3. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

I'll be by boat,and would really like to catch some eyes. It's been ten years since I've been to Dillon and I heard that there is some eyes in there now,just didn't know well they were doing there. And if anyone was having any luck at Alum for eyes.

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

judging from recent reports or lack threof,alum doesn't seem to be exceptionally hot right now.a few fish are being caught,but it seems to be pretty slow.as for dillon,i haven't heard one report of eyes being caught at dillon.unless things have changed in very recent years,the lake itself is not much of a producer.i fished dillon for years and only fished the spillway/river because of that.based on that,i think chances are much better of boating a limit of eyes at alum right now,than boating one fish at dillon.
    again,i haven't fished dillon for quite awhile and haven't heard any positive repots from any source,but maybe someone knows different,and can give a more positive answer.

5. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

Thanks for the help,maybe I'm better off going to Erie

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL.that would probably beat the other 2 choices right now:D