Alum or Delaware for crappie

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Byg, Apr 2, 2008.

1. Byg

Byg

What do you guys think Alum or Delaware for crappie? Thinking about going around the end of this month. Do either of the camp grounds have sites where you can tie your boat off close to your camp site.Thanks for any replies
    Byg

2. Capital outdoorsman

Capital outdoorsman day late, dollar short

Both places are good for crappie, not sure of the sites though.

3. 01mercLS

01mercLS It's Fishing not catching

alum has campsites where you can tie off your boat. I've seen numerous people that tie there boats in the coves where there campsite is at.

4. Delaware is my pick for campsites. Some are not as convenient as Alum as far as tying your boat up. There are spots that you can, but you have to walk. I also favor the bigger sites and less crowded conditions at Delaware. As far as the fishing I would say they are about equal, the biggest diffrence is that Delaware is much more likely to get muddy after a spring rain which can ruin a hot bite. Good Luck and have fun!

5. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

I will say that Delaware has nicer campsites, but Alum has several right next to the water that can be used for a boater to tie up. Another plus, Alum has a dedicated boat ramp that can only be used by campers.

6. Byg

Byg

Thanks for the info guys..

7. ress

ress

Drove through Delaware yesterday, the lake was down 6 - 8 ft. Whats up with that?

8. THey haven't raised the lake to summer pool yet. You can still get out at the south boat ramp or on the other side of the lake at the old boat launch. I've heard that they are catching some hear and there, but we got skunked last Sunday. Good luck out there and be careful, the water is shallow in a whole lot of places.