close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum on 6/18

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by leckig, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Hi there!
    Went to alum today and then to Hoover. Carps were feeding like creazy, especially on hoover,
    here east side of the bridge in that shallow muddy bay. Water was just boiling there!

We saw not bubles, but whole volcanos in water. But they were not biting! I wonder why? Maybe thereis too much mud there and corn sinks in it and theycannot seeit? Should we switch to corn with styro on a hair or something else? We ended up with one maybe 5 pounder. We let him go after the dining experience last week:)
    greg

2. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

how much weight were you using. In my new swim I stepped down to 3/4oz to keep if from sinking in the algae mats. I was having problems with my bait coming off the hair due to the force of the impact. Use just enough bouyant material to make the corn settle slowly, and just enough weight to hold the bottom. You will still get a bolt effect with this setup, but the hook might not lock in the mouth of the fish until you pick up the rod.

But what do I know? I lost 4 fish in a row this morning and the only fish that made it to the bank and it was a catfish.

3. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Been alot of action in the shallows from spawning, they may see your offering but just not want it lol