close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

alum night carping...

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by crappielooker, Jul 12, 2004.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

anyone coming out on wednesday night?? i know scott, justcrazy, and myself will be there.. i'm heading there tomorrow night to get them started..hit the stores for supplies today..should be more than enough to feed a small community or 2.. :D

2. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

AK, i wont be able to hit Alum with ya until Thursday night...working thurs. daytime of course..see ya then.

Scott

3. crappielooker

thats cool man..looks like another front is coming thru wednesday anyways..i still plan on going there tonight..
    ps..i got you another bag of the SRC

4. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

COOL, thanks...i'll bring the cash thursday night.

Good luck, i bet the front will have them feeding...also if we get any amount of rain and the lake rises, i think they'll really put the feed bags on for sure.

Scott

5. crappielooker

well..went there to chum..threw out what i have left over from the weekend..that should get them ready for tomorrow..i hope..

6. Wish I could go!!!
    Good luck...

7. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

Are you still heading out tonight?

8. crappielooker

yes..are you coming down?? i should be there around 9pm..

9. crappielooker

well..everybody caught a carp or 2 out there tonight..misfit got the biggest ones of the night at 18lbs..the highlight of the night was when rob make a dive into the lake to get his rod back..those carp don't play around.. :D i guess rob just found out the hard way..
    it was great to be out there fishin with you guys..next time i will get them going even more.. :D

10. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

Still not sure how those two got off, but with the coaching of Brother AK, all ended well. (Actually they finally put the hook in there mouth)
    As for the rod in the water. Hell that thing moved 8 foot in about 2 seconds. I think the carp was peeling the line so fast that it backlashed the old 6500 and decided to go for a ski trip in the water. Bet you guys never thought this fat kid could move so fast!

Thanks again AK, and Rick. I had a blast and will do it again real soon. As for today, I am going to be paying for staying out too late, but it was worth it.

11. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

it was good to get out of the house in some cooler weather for a change.i enjoyed the company,and especially watchin' you guys sprintin' for your rods :D
    at least it wasn't mine that went for a swim again this time :eek:
    that's why i stayed close to mine ;)
    if i'd known about all the zebras at that spot,i'd put a looooong heavy leader on my light rig :rolleyes:
    i swear that was a 30# that cut me off :D

12. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

Hey Pops,
    what's the out look for tomorrow? weather wise? ect.... what we shootin for?

13. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

Noboby wants to mention the 70#er that I lost! :D

14. crappielooker

aahh..the one that got away.. i know how big they CAN be to ya..:p heck..she was a whale.. :D
    anyone coming out tonight?? got bait, will travel.. :D

15. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

:rolleyes: i forgot about the hawg that got away,but you lost so many i can't remember which one it was anyway :p ;)

son,looks decent for tomorrow,but we'll give the carp a rest ;)

16. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Ak, tried callin ya...of course it rang BUSY as usual..lol
    I'll be there tonight around 9:30.....give me a call if plans change.

Scott

17. crappielooker

rick..they don't rest when they are chowing down :D ..why should ya??
    scott..no change..i'll be there..
    PS..just got a call from bob..he may come to fish the square this weekend.. :D

18. crappielooker

well..another night, another mess of fishies...mostly from thinking OUTSIDE the box..:D .i think we landed total of 15 fish..not counting many that are lost, or hook pulled out..too bad i was too tired to stay longer....
    will be there this weekend fishing mostly night time..anyone who wants to come out are more than welcome..

19. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

Sounds like you guys are having fun, I was going to come out and join you guys last night, but work kept me late. I am packed up for a fishing adventure tonight as soon as I get out of work.

I would join you guys out there tonight but I am in the mood to try new waters so I am heading to the main lake at Dillon. Most likely will not catch anything but then again you never know until you try ;)

20. crappielooker

miso..you'll have to come out sometimes..i'm thinking about a mini-nightime outing/getogether out there sometimes this summer...should be a blast...good luck at dillon..call me if ya neeed chummin help.. :D