close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum Lake Level

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Gobi Muncher, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Gobi Muncher

Gobi Muncher mmmm.....tasty!

Was thinking of fishing Alum in the morining. Read the report about Delaware being 18 ft high and am wondering about Alum. Anyone been there lately or live close by to give a report on the water level / clarity? Would really help a lot.
    Thanks in advance.

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i'm not sure about clarity.probably muddy at the top end,and stained in the lower end.the latest reading shows it 3 feet up from summer pool and falling,as they're releasing water.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Last I heard, Alum was totally fishable/boatable (yesterday afternoon). Prepare to get wet though, as the concrete docks were a few feet underwater, from the ramps to the floating docks.

4. Anyone know if any of the ramps at Alum have courtesy docks? Not that I'm planning on heading up there today, but I need to work on my trailer w/o the boat on there just for a half hour or so. Maybe next week.....and will the rangers mind?

Eric

5. stilesp

stilesp Fishin Alum

I was at the marina last night just before dark and I would say 3- 4ft sounds about right. Shake is right as you won't be able to get to any of the docks withouth wading into a few feet of water. The water still seemed fairly clear at the marina.

6. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Cheshire/Marina has courtesy docks, but unless somethings changed since last weekend, only the Marina courtesy docks have a walkway extending to shore. Last I saw them at Cheshire, the docks were in, but no way to walk out to them from shore. Pretty much just a floating island of dockage.

7. The flooded grass bank around the New Galena launch is plenty deep enough to beach your boat after launching. No need to get wet unless someone requires the assistance of a floating dock.

8. beach your boat in the cove just east of the new galena launch. pretty easy way to go. or go to o'shaughnessey at home rd ramp.

9. The lake appears on the Army Corps of Engineers' website as 1.5 foot above summer pool.....so enjoy! Will be on the lake Monday morning myself avpiding a lot of the pleasure craft.

Eric