close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum June 6th

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by dcemsmedic2693, Jun 6, 2007.

1. My uncle and I took to the lake this morning about 08:00. We started out fishing along some brush and one after another I pulled out crappie......Too bad they were mostly dinks. We then took to a cove and fished some off the bottom and with jigs. I think that I finally have the hang of jigging. I caught several more crappie using a slow steady retrieve and bouncing it as I brought it back. Just a couple of them were keepers. Then off to my honey hole and we sat there until around 15:00 catching more and more. I caught one Ey and two cats. I must have caught over 100 crappie. All in all a great day on the lake. We kept 9 crappie the biggest being about 15-16" I have never seen one that large:B . One eye and two cats. My uncle should have a great dinner tomorrow. Thank you to all of those who helped me with the jigging education.:)

2. Congrats man! I haven't been able to get out lately. Life has been waaaaay too busy. I'll be sure to get out more starting next week. Keep up the good work!

3. dcemsmedic2693,
    I'm going up to camp and fish both Delaware and Alum this weekend, and I've never fished or boated on Alum. I'm not asking for your Alum honey hole, but would like to know where on Alum would be a good place to take my girlfriend to fish for crappie? Also, where is the best and safest place launch my boat. I also would like to know the secret on jigging. Thanks in advance!