close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum is up - Cheshire Road is closed

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by moke11, Jan 13, 2005.

1. moke11

moke11

I ran over to Cheshire Market for some pizza pie. To my surprise, Cheshire Road on Alum Creek is closed with "High Water" signs on each side. All boat ramps are also closed; but, they are not releasing any water at this point.

2. You're right Moke, the pizza at Cheshire is worth a trip, even if you would have to get there by boat.

3. Nickadams

Nickadams goenfurshen

My parents live on Cheshire and my mom called me tonight to tell me about it. I guess they had to close it last night because the wind was actually pushing waves over the road! That is crazy! She had to go down to 36-37 which she said was almost ready to be under water.
    You know what is even better than Cheshire market pizza? Their italian subs. They are terriffic and one of the best bargains around. The pizza is great too though.

4. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

that is crazy i have been watching alum since the whole rain thing started and its amazing to see how far it has come up. Just think if they wouldn't have had the lake drawn down as far as they did. ???
    try there stromboli its great to.

5. moke11

moke11

I guess I will have to sprout some leaves and try some of the other suggestions on the menu. They would be satisfied with the advertising they are getting here.

I will tell you that I inquired about having them deliver minnows in the spring time when they are delivering pizza, but they won't. Something about the driver delivering pizza and minnows that doesn't pass the health department. :)

6. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

LOL. Heres your minnows and crawlers sir and don't mind the stuff on top the pizza i had to stop suddenly on the way. LOL

7. Hey Jerry want some anchovies w/that pizza?

capt-hook

8. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

hey guys..whats the situation on alum?? are they open the ramps yet?? what roads are still close?? is it ok to fish there now???
    thanks..
    i need to catch a fish... anything that swims will be just fine.. :)

9. Character Zero

Character Zero Smallie Phan

crappielooker:
    i was out there yesterday, scoping the situation out.. chesire road was still closed and the africa road launch was closed.. the parking lot was holding water up to the turn around... as for the spillway, water was almost hitting the staircases, and there were a ton of sea gulls chomping on shad...

hoover is fishable now, i saw some people with waders on in it.. the water is still pretty high, so be careful, or you'll be picked up at Morse rd....

see you boys down there sometime...

phish on!

10. As of 3:00pm today the water was being released thru the pipe at the spill way. Water was up to a few inches from the walkway. There were a two hardy souls trying their luck. The Cheshire rd bridge is closed as are all ramps and roads leading to them. The lake was all open water, but that's going to change soon. I think I'll just curl up with my bass pro shop catalog tonight. :eek:

11. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

thanks a bunch...i'll take any info. at this point.. :)