alum ice?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishintechnician, Jan 15, 2009.

1. fishintechnician

fishintechnician Amateur legend

does alum have safe ice yet? has anyone been doing any good. thinking of going out on sun to see about getting some crappie, that is if i can find all of my stuff. i haven't got a chance to get out in the last couple of years. any info would be great

2. 01mercLS

01mercLS It's Fishing not catching

I was wondering the same thing? I'll go and see on sat.

3. alumcreeker

alumcreeker walleyes and whitetails

i seen where people have been outta galena ramp today. no one was out there but there were tracks in the snow and a couple of holes drilled.

4. Was driving down to see a friend and remembered he wasn't home, so I went around the lake and saw a few guys fishing the cove on the east side, main lake side. Also decided to drive over cheshire and I believe I saw a couple shanties out around big run... could have been wrong, as it was getting late. I know of a few places last week that still had ice on them, when the rest of the lake was open.

5. fishintechnician

fishintechnician Amateur legend

i have never ice fished alum and to be honest i don't even know where all of my gear is but with the next couple of days being below zero it should make for soem good ice quick. was thinking of going to indian but i know even less about that body of water than i do alum. i have a couple private ponds that i could go to but would rather try a bigger lake. wouldn't mind tagging along with some one if anyone has an open spot

6. -19° (actual) at my house when I left this morning. Should be safe ice in a lot of places this weekend. Good luck, stay warm, be safe.

7. sady dog

sady dog sady dog

i am game for alumn...I know a lot of spots, that i fish from by boat?? i have been out on alumn once through the ice. it has just been bad ice for so many years.. shoot me an e-mail if anyone wants to go? fishforfun26@aol.com