Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody having any luck kayak fishing on either of these lakes. I have been out twice to hoover and once on Alum and have not had much action. No sure if it's what I'm throwing or a product of the high water. Been throwing crank baits and worms. I'm new to the kayak fishing world, and I enjoy spending time on the water it would be nice to be catching some fish.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Sorry to reply so late, but better late than never. Fishing at both places has been a little slow. I have managed a few fish each trip out but not a bunch. At Hoover I have had success catching LMB on a texas rigged creature bait tight to cover. Ive also managed some white bass on crappie tubes.
At Alum fishing a texas rigged creature bait on the rip rap banks or drop shot finesse worms into any cover you can find on long points(this is difficult without a decent fish finder.) I have caught a few small eyes trolling flicker shads acrossed the points also. This can be very difficult in a kayak on a saturday afternoon, but it can be done. :D Hope you can find success soon.
For the most success i would stick with shallow lakes or ponds as the fish cant go really deep where they can be difficult to catch from a kayak. Indian, buckeye, or smaller lakes like knox, rush creek, greenfield lake can be a lot of fun from a yak.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.