Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alum Honey Hole that would not bite!

Went out on Alum with the wife from 5pm-7pm today.

I found a new honey hole, but the fish would not bite. :eek:

We threw small jigs with twister tails, Cracklin-wrap's, Drop-shotted.... Not even a nibble.

It was maddening. What do you think they were?

I want somebody to catch a few of these, and report back.
I can't seem to get them in the boat. :D

It was right out in front of this stump...

GPS location...

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
When we castnet for shad, we see stuff like that all the time on the fish finder and hoping for shad, are often loose schools of crappies, in your case, they may have been loose schools of shad... This time of year they are often in the same areas, 2 weeks ago in every castnet throw at St Marys we got 5-6 crappies and 1-2 shad in every throw... Just a thought....we threw back a whole mess of nice specks to get enough shad to use....

Salmonid

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I think we fished that and caught 3-4 green sunfish. North of Cheshire ramp on the east side just before a big bay. I think we could see a bridge just north by 1/4 mile

·
Registered
509 Posts
Get out of Big Run Bay it is best in the spring time. You need to get into deeper waters about 12'-18' of water is where we picked them up today during the tournament.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Try turning the fish ID off in your menu. Arches work much better. I'm guessing small crappie.
Will do...

Get out of Big Run Bay it is best in the spring time. You need to get into deeper waters about 12'-18' of water is where we picked them up today during the tournament.
So that is Big Run Bay... So noted!

So I should fish closer to the dam?

Where are the posts about the tournament today?
I would like to know how things went.

·
I jig therefore I am!
5,318 Posts
I feel your pain. I marked fish all day yesterday and could only boat 3!!! Was a nice day, and boy are those trees coloring up! Got quite a few nice pictures yesterday.

·
Registered
509 Posts
You need to find the structure in the 12'-18' depths. Look for humps, stumps, drop offs, and any other type of structure. The slabs are moving from the structure to the shallows to feed. Right now it is slow but don't give up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts