close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum - gottem

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by barnett, Dec 6, 2004.

1. A great day to fish. Several saugeyes, 1 muskie, channel cats, trophy white bass. Biggest saugeye was about 5#; partner lost a monster at the boat (sorry, Don). Fish probably would have weighed 8 or 9#.
    All on blades, 28-35 f.o.w. south pool. Look for steep drops and yo-yo 'em up. Surface temp was still 51 - a lot of fishing left to be done.

Good fishing to all

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

how big were the WB??

3. Sounds like a great day for sure. I'll be on Alum after work tomorrow (Tue) but it'll probably be too late for blades. Are you using the bigger blades at those depths or are you going small and adding weight? Thanks.

4. The white bass came out of the creek channel just north of chesire. Couldn't get anything with teeth up there. I didn't measure them, but one of them was probably 20". Looked like a hybrid.

Terry
    I always use 1/2 oz blades. By the way, if the wind will let you, I'm sure you will have a good night tonight. A friend fished it last night and gottem on the points just after dark. The quality of fish is improving also. His deal was clown rogue - twitch and long pause. 4' of H2O
    Good luck

5. Great job barnett - Can you tell me what color the blades were? and were they double bladed or single?

6. Sorry - when I say blades, I'm talking about vibees, cicadas and zip lures. Anything with chartreuse was the ticket for us, but, personally, I don't think it mattered much. I think if you got one around one, you got bit.
    good luck