Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The title speaks for itself, I'm an avid ice fisherman and to any who are into it as much as me I would REALLY appreciate any tips or info to help me catch more eyes through the ice this season! If you dont want to share publicly you can pm me. Thanks in advance! Tight lines!

·
Registered
9,603 Posts
Check out rainy nite bite jerks limit thread,TONS of good info....;)
Try working rocky areas with 2-4" twister tails on 1/16 oz head up to 1/4.
Look for bait. Stick with it. Oh ya lit up areas can produce to.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was watching the thread until some jerk made a snide comment that I was "condemning" other commenters, so I stopped watching and decided to just ask for tips and/or info of any kind

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
He wants tips for through the ice... not sure that twisters will help here.. I know guys really struggle with eyes through the ice there you much better off trying indian or buckeye follow the crowds and take minnows

·
cheeryo
927 Posts
The title speaks for itself, I'm an avid ice fisherman and to any who are into it as much as me I would REALLY appreciate any tips or info to help me catch more eyes through the ice this season! If you dont want to share publicly you can pm me. Thanks in advance! Tight lines!
I went to erie last year ice fishing,bought a bucket full of emerald shiners.I had 3 dozen left after fishing so i let them freeze,the next weekend i thawed them and went to Indian, the saugeye couldnt resist those emeralds best day ice fishing yet. They are just hard to find but work great.

·
Registered
9,603 Posts
Haha thanks derek,read the post to fast.
But ya buckeye an indian r proballybetter ice options....
An duhhhh people jig twisters all the time silly....
An buddy,grow some thicker skin. No one meant to hurt your feelings...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Its true I meant through the ice but I'll go after eyes in any weather but rain lol
But regardless of no one trying to upset me it happened and it happened because some people dont know how to be constructive, instead they make jokes and rude comments. I'd NEVER do that to someone who's trying to learn.
Thanks for the tips theyre greatly appreciated and I'll put all to the test but I'm sticking with alum since its a 20 minute drive vs 1.5 hrs to buckeye or indian unless someone else does the driving bc my little car is a p.o.s and won't last on long drives lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts