close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum Eyes 7/17

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShakeDown, Jul 18, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Hit the water from 7:30pm - 11:30pm. Boated 10 eyes, all but 1 was 15" or better, biggest was around 20"...nothing huge. Tons of perch (biggest I've seen from alum, but nowhere close to Erie Jumbos ;)) 2 keeper crappie, a cat, and some gills mixed in. All fish came on slow trolled harnesses in 12-18 feet. First time I've ever seen crappie hitting crawlers...threw us for a loop.

Ran into Crappielooker and his gang of corn chuckers at the ramp. Hope you guys tore em up.

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

sounds like a good day shake :cool:
    we get a crappie now and then on harnesses,at hoover.also those pesky little perch. :rolleyes:
    like you,i'd like to see some big ones :cool:

3. when u say harnesses do u mean things like erie deries? i have never really trolled b4,....do u them run across the bottom when you troll? i am thinking about giving it a try, thabnks, sounds like a great day out on the water, i was in church....

4. TheSportsGuyDM

TheSportsGuyDM Dallas Moyer

We had luck with crappies and saugeyes on Friday as the front moved through. The east wind killed all hopes for a really good night. We nailed them with worm harness and drifting near the damn. We also caught a crappie on a worm harness. The bays also proved to be good for some big crappies and one big perch.

5. west side also....I will throw ya a few harnesses together if ya like..or you can grab them from Any of the local stores that have tackle...crawler harnesses....on the way up to alum now ...fight some skeeters and hopefully pull a few eyes..

6. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin