close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum Creeking & General Questions

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Perchy101, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Perchy101

Perchy101 Here Fishy Fishy Fishy

Been hitting a new place that Sowbelly pointed us toward this past week... And its been really nice... Hardly any boat traffic... Calm waters.. and beautiful waters...

We've gotten 2 eyes... One was 18 inches and the other was 15 inches... Been getting some nice crappie also...

Everything has been taken on a 2" white twister and 1/8oz jig.

-----------

I've heard that Alum supports perch... Is there any truth in that? I've been fishing it for 3/4 years now and haven't caught one....

Also, I know there is plenty of Saugeye in the lake, but are there any Walleye?

Man... In a few years... That place is going to have some monster crappie in it if everyone is following the rules... I can't remember how many crappie I have thrown back that are 7-8 inches....

2. Yes, there are yellow perch in Alum, I caught 2 tuesday while fishing for saugeye, both at 8". As far as walleye I was told a few years ago that at one time they were stocked in there but I dont know if that is fact or not.

3. Hmmm i wonder where that area is at Sow??;) Yes there is Perch small ones in good numbers. Not many walleye left used to have them.

4. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

yes tell me, I was there today bouncing around from one spot to the next with a big fat goose egg. I was thinking of going tomorrow but hoping for better results.

5. Perchy101

I have yet to fish anything south of 36/37. :D

6. jray

jray

me and my dad caught about 20 perch in about a half an hr last year we were fishing in 40 ft of water on the lower end of the lake right near the dam not very big but lots of em also they sleal your bait when trollin for eyes they are a big pain sometimes

7. fishnfool

fishnfool out4dabig1

I tried north of 37 today, was late getting out noon or so, took my daughter and girlfriend(never again!)at least not to fish.My depthfinder is down so that made it rough, so i tried alot of different depths with no luck.Da%! it was hot! Maybe next time

8. Perchy101

Yah tell me about it....

I just got in....

Was on the lake for the 2nd stright day by 6 AM. We fished till 2 PM today...

IT WAS SLOOOOOOOW. We threw 2" white grubs and only caught 2 crappie all day...

Ended up having some left over crawlers... So we hooked em long... and casted and waited... and waited... and waited... then BAM! Big Catfish... It was around 24 inches and 5lbs.... Ended up getting 4 more.... So they are now sitting in a pan of water waiting to be fried up....

So 5 cats and 2 crappie all day long...