Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
You definitely had me beat. We fished primarily in the coves in the evening and didn't have any luck. Definitely marked a ton of fish between 8 and 15 feet. Water temp in coves seemed to be in the mid to high 50's which was warmer than the past couple of weeks which explains those females getting active. That North wind last night was a little chilly and caught us off guard especially without a sweatshirt. I'm guessing I may be tossing the wrong presentation or at least I'm second guessing... joy of fishing. I've been mostly fishing slow (ned rigs, tubes, etc.) Thought about trying live bait last night, but we stopped by on our way over and they were completely out.

Great to hear that someone is catching them though! Hope it continues!

·
Registered
468 Posts
We fished it Monday for crappie and did pretty well, It was windy so had to find sheltered coves but we hit one and got 11 keepers in about an hour. 4 of them were well over 12 inches and the smallest was just over 10 and they were all really thick. Only two females and I was glad to see that, they didnt look like they had eggs or we would have thrown those 2 back. All were in 4-8ft of water caught on minnows under bobbers.
Fish Mackerel Trout Fish Bass
Fish Mackerel Trout Fish Bass
Wood Recreation Vehicle Team

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
We fished it Monday for crappie and did pretty well, It was windy so had to find sheltered coves but we hit one and got 11 keepers in about an hour. 4 of them were well over 12 inches and the smallest was just over 10 and they were all really thick. Only two females and I was glad to see that, they didnt look like they had eggs or we would have thrown those 2 back. All were in 4-8ft of water caught on minnows under bobbers. View attachment 356141 View attachment 356141 View attachment 356143
Nice. I gotta make a trip down there one of days.

·
Registered
83 Posts
We fished it Monday for crappie and did pretty well, It was windy so had to find sheltered coves but we hit one and got 11 keepers in about an hour. 4 of them were well over 12 inches and the smallest was just over 10 and they were all really thick. Only two females and I was glad to see that, they didnt look like they had eggs or we would have thrown those 2 back. All were in 4-8ft of water caught on minnows under bobbers. View attachment 356141 View attachment 356141 View attachment 356143
Very Nice! Great fish!

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
I got out after work for about 2 hours last week and fished Hargus . Ended up catching a good handful of crappie but again that wind was crazy. Sure do hope we can get some descent days coming up that are not so windy. I guess it’s time for a new boat that sits lower in the water.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I got out today and off just before the big blow....although it was blowing pretty good all afternoon. Fishing was tough due to the cold front but I got one and feel like thats pretty good considering this weather.

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
I took my kayak out this morning to Alum knowing I had to be off the water by noon for Mother’s Day. Put in at the marina and fished the bay by it. Caught about twenty crappies and a 2 lb bass. They were about 3’ deep. Glad I got off when I did. Wind really picked up about an hour later and a downpour couple hours later. Only caught about three under 9”.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Chopiq, were you using minnows or plastics? Just asking because I fish alum at lunch and on my way home some times. Only been catching gills and bass. No crappie for me yet. (From bank with plastics)

·
Chris
491 Posts
Wednesday 54-56 on the main lake, 60 in some of the coves north of Cheshire (it was very sunny.) Clarity was clear south pool 2-3 feet, middle pool slightly stained 1-2 feet, north a foot or so and more stained. I'm not sure what that storm might have done to the north end last evening.

·
Registered
10,337 Posts
Wednesday 54-56 on the main lake, 60 in some of the coves north of Cheshire (it was very sunny.) Clarity was clear south pool 2-3 feet, middle pool slightly stained 1-2 feet, north a foot or so and more stained. I'm not sure what that storm might have done to the north end last evening.
Thankyou!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts