close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum Creek

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by Arrow 1, Jun 18, 2005.

1. Who fishes it? Who cathes muskie there with any degree of success?

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I'm not a muskie fisherman, but I've taken a decent amount while bassin or trolling for eyes. Even jigged one up last year on a vibee.

Some of the muskies inc. guys on the board might be able to give you more insight.

3. I am a Muskies Inc. guy!

Hey, I would be interested in hearing about the technics and times of year you used to catch the muskies while bass fishing. Nobody really has them patterned in the spring. Certain types of baits, depth and cover type, water temp,general lake structure in the areas you catch them in. Not asking for particular locations. All of us Muskies Inc. guys always here about the muskies the bass guys catch in the spring. I am assuming it is mostly in shallow water near some type of cover or structure.

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

To tell you the truth, I've never paid much attention to how or where (I don't target them) but I can atleast generalize if you think it helps.

Most of mine have come off deep cranks in 5-10 FOW in the spring, anywhere I find rocks and weeds. I can't recall ever taking one between mid june thru sept, but in the fall I've caught them in the same areas.

I fished a bass tourney about 5 years ago, and saw one guy nail one (in early june) on a buzzbait, only to have it break off at the boat. That same day, another guy hit one on a rubber worm. Go figure!