Alum Creek (WAY below the reservoir)

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Utard, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Utard

Utard

Like someone else already said--its way too nice to actually eat lunch today. I brought my fly gear to work with me and stopped in for some fun this afternoon (just got back).

I just started working in the Easton area and spent last week scouting out the area. I found that Alum Creek runs by here right behind my office. I spent about 45 minutes today scouting and casting the area and thought I had one little hit, but no real takers. (I was using an orange/brown clouser minnow and black wooly bugger)

Has anyone spent any time on Alum Creek around Innis Park on McCutcheon road? The water is very fishable and incredibly clear for an Ohio river. I did see hundreds of little bait fish, so I'm pretty confident that there are some fish in the area--maybe I just didn't find them today.

I read a post from a few years back about fishing the river down near Broad St. but haven't seen or heard anything from this area. Does anyone know--am I wasting my time or is it time well spent?

2. Marauders

Marauders Nodak

I believe there are some holes over there somewhere. you just have to find them

3. Have tried throughout Westerville several times in Alum Creek over the last 10 years and have never caught anything not with the fly rod or with spinning gear...that said, I am certain there are fish there but I've never found them.

Look around your area for Big Walnut access, it is at times simply full of fish, easy wading and a great place for a quick lunch type get away...Carp, Smallies, Rock Bass and Sunfish of all types.

4. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Plenty of nice smallies in that stretch. I would wait a month though.