close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum Creek State Park Hosting Boating And Fishing Festival June 19

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by NewbreedFishing, Jun 17, 2004.

1. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

ALUM CREEK STATE PARK HOSTING BOATING AND FISHING FESTIVAL JUNE 19
    DELAWARE, OH – The Central Ohio Safe Boating Council in partnership with the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR) is hosting the Alum Creek Boating and Fishing Festival June 19 at the Alum Creek State Park beach in Delaware County. This family fun event is open to the public and free of charge.

“This is the largest outdoor event of its kind in central Ohio that promotes recreational boating and fishing as a family leisure activity,” said Ken Alvey, chief of the ODNR Division of Watercraft.

Introductory boat rides, boating safety displays, vessel safety inspections, live music and entertainment, a hot air balloon liftoff, special fishing and boating displays, a youth fishing event, and many more activities are planned for the event. The festival kicks off with a 7:30 a.m. hot air balloon liftoff, weather permitting, and is followed by scheduled activities that begin at 9 a.m. and conclude with a lighted boat parade at sunset and evening fireworks display.

Other activities will include a sand pile treasure dig for kids, a kids fishing seminar, cardboard boat races, various stages shows and special safety displays presented by Delaware County area public safety agencies.

Among those also participating in the Alum Creek Boating and Fishing Festival are the U.S. Power Squadrons, the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, the Alum Creek Sailing Association, Central Ohio Marine Dealers Association, Ohio Bass Chapter Junior Federation, and many other local organizations. Additional event information is available at ohiodnr.com

Additional information on the Boating & Fishing Fest is available by visiting the ODNR web site at ohiodnr.com (click on Boating) and by calling the Division of Watercraft at (740) 548-5490 or Alum Creek State Park at (740) 548-4631.

Boating & Fishing Event Schedule, June 19 @Alum Creek State Park Beach

7:00 a.m.-Noon OBF Junior State Fishing Tournament (New Galena Ramp)

7:30 a.m. Hot Air Balloon Liftoff

9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Exhibit Area Open

9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Central Ohio Marine Dealers Boat Show

9 a.m. – 9 p.m. Arts & Crafts Vendors

9 a.m. – 10 p.m. Climbing Wall Open

10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sand Treasure Dig (Kids Age 8 & Under Only)

10 a.m. – 5 p.m. Introductory Free Boat Rides (Age 5 & Up)

(Pre-registration required, space is limited)

10 a.m. - 5p.m. Take Me Fishing (Youth Fishing Opportunity)

11 a.m. - 2p.m. Vessel Safety Checks (@Hollenback Boat Ramp)

5 p.m. – 7 p.m. Build-A-Boat Cardboard Boat Races

9 a.m. – 10 p.m. Stage Shows and Live Music

7:30 p.m. Evening Hot Air Balloon Liftoff

9:15 p.m. Lighted Boat Parade

10 p.m. Festival Fireworks Display

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

You're supposed to be at Tappan on Saturday, not Alum :D

We won't have fireworks, but we will be giving away prolly a grand worth of free gear, and food...not to mention that it's a charitable event benefitting the Red Cross.

Now THAT's what I call a shameless plug :D

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

good lawd..i bet the lake will be PACKED to the max..glad i'm faaaar faaaar away.. :D i may however stopby there on sunday to dip my lines in.. ;)

4. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

The offical carp fry is @ 4pm Sunday. :p
    You should be fine as all the madness will be over Satuday night.

Good Luck at the Tappan Tourney

5. Tilesetter

Tilesetter GET THE NET

Yeah we forgot about this and got stuck in all the madness. Them people are freakin nuts. It's tough fishing out there when some idiot tosses an 85lb anchor in the lake 15 feet away from you. Or a 38 foot cigarette boat blazes by at mach5.