Ohio Game Fishing banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

Registered
Only 3 last night very slow pulls with a long pause and very subtle bites. Missed more than were caught. Anyways you know how on a slow nights you get to thinking of things? The rod I was using I havent tied on a new lure or retied in over a month. Then on a 30+ sec pause I felt another tick tick set the hook rod bent in half and I had a monster eye. Seen it a little ways out and thought this is the biggest saugeye I ever seen. Then it took off rolling, turning doing anything to get away. After a good fight I did get it in on my really light, med light rod. And truthfully disappointed not the saugeye I was thinking.
Water Fish Marine biology Salmon-like fish Fin
It was exciting but after releasing him I realized that f\*!ing fish got the best of that stick I had done pretty well with the past month or so. 1 hook missing other 2 all bent up, 2 eyes for the slip rings bent out of wack. Let the tuning begin. Ya it was not a big musky by an means 32" but in my mind it was a big saugeye for a minute. Guess thats one of the the reasons we do this.

GL

And Happy Thanksgiving

Attachments

Registered
I will say that Alum will continue to produce in the areas you have been fishing as long as you can get your boat in the water鈥 Once upon a fishing trip we arrived at the ramp to find 1/4鈥 ice covering the lake. We put in and broke through the ice until we got where we wanted to fish. I did increasingly large doughnuts until we had enough open water to jig in. Caught a nice bunch of eyes that day.
I love cold water fishing鈥 warms the heart.

41 - 50 of 50 Posts