Alum Creek Salmon??

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mushijobah, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Fished the roller dam @ Wolfe park yesterday. After casting and having a few small hits, I heard a huge splash behind me, as I had my back towards the dam while changing baits. I turned around to see a nice 35"+ muskie working it's way up little pools in the rocks below the dam, trying to get over it. It thrashed its way up to the very last little pool, about 1 ft under the lip of the dam, but could not make it over. It lazily glided back down into the spillway I was fishing. Sounds like a fish story, but it sure was a sight to see! Oh, and I promptly put on a large husky jerk after witnessing it:p . I am about to head back now, will report any salmonesque muskies.

2. I have seen this at alum creek too, last year. I could not believe my eyes and only now understand that this was a muskie, too. Thanks for explaining!

3. I bet that got the old heart pounding, it would me.

I know if i saw something like that, it would not take me long to go find some bigger tackle, and be muskie hunting.