close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Alum Creek Salmon??

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mushijobah, Apr 6, 2008.

1. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Fished the roller dam @ Wolfe park yesterday. After casting and having a few small hits, I heard a huge splash behind me, as I had my back towards the dam while changing baits. I turned around to see a nice 35"+ muskie working it's way up little pools in the rocks below the dam, trying to get over it. It thrashed its way up to the very last little pool, about 1 ft under the lip of the dam, but could not make it over. It lazily glided back down into the spillway I was fishing. Sounds like a fish story, but it sure was a sight to see! Oh, and I promptly put on a large husky jerk after witnessing it:p . I am about to head back now, will report any salmonesque muskies.

2. I have seen this at alum creek too, last year. I could not believe my eyes and only now understand that this was a muskie, too. Thanks for explaining!

3. I bet that got the old heart pounding, it would me.

I know if i saw something like that, it would not take me long to go find some bigger tackle, and be muskie hunting.